Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do they play well with others?


Some dog owners forget one important aspect of puppy shopping, "do I have other dogs, and would they get along well?" From personal experience I would say that all dogs generally are easy to take to puppies. This is especially true if your dog is friendly first of all with people and a well trained good listener. You can look at my link on the left hand side of the page for puppy training techniques. Puppies on the other hand tend to be fearful at first depending on their age, by 4 months old the Boston Terrier seems to be fearless around people and other animals regardless of species. They tend to be very curious puppies and like to meet and befriend anyone and everyone that they can.

Although I am making Boston Terriers to sound like angel dogs who could never be agressive or mean, ANY AND ALL DOGS HAVE THE ABILITY TO SHOW AGRESSION. It all really depends on the how the dog is trained and handled. I have had first hand experience of Boston Terriers who have been mean, tried to bite and wanted nothing to do with new people or animals. It is important when puppies that you play with, have others play with, and try your best to introduce your Boston to other animals.

As well as agression, all dog breeds have the ability to be sweet and loving. My two dogs, a Doberman Pincher and America Pit Bull Terrier were both introduced to my Boston as she was a puppy and taught not to play mean with her. The three of them get along great and often love playing together. Boston Terriers are great with other dogs, and most dogs depending on how much interaction learn to be great with puppies

1 comment:

  1. I train my dogs to attack airplanes... One of these days I'm hoping to walk out into my back yard and see a dead airplane just lying there.

    ReplyDelete