Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are They Well Trained?




Like most dogs, the Boston Terrier takes time and patience when deciding to train them to do anything. To the left, Hershey is "dancing" where she gets on her hind legs and twirls in a circle on the command, "dance." Luckily, for Boston owners, this time is shortened from most dogs and thus the patience holds out a little better.
Because these are considered, (and are) such intelligent dogs, it can often only take a few weeks to train them to do most any trick. The owner must spend time each day however, in order to achieve this in such a short amount of time. Hershey is barely and year old and has learned to sit, stay, and dance. These are the only tricks she knows now for lack of time to teach her any others. Although some may say that, "any dog can learn these tricks in such a short amount of time," Boston's have the ability to listen better, and catch on quicker because they are eager to please their Person.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even get my girlfriend to go dancing with me. Usually, it's the other way around, right? The girl wants to dance, but the guy doesn't want to. I love to dance! I got dance in my pants! She was a cheerleader too... What kind of cheerleader doesn't like to bust a move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dogs are just so cute! I want to take them home!! My Chihauhau Gizmo only dances when she needs to go out, but I don't think that's the same thing... She does beg very well, but that's only when we are eating dinner... That counts right?..

    ReplyDelete